Monday, August 3, 2009

The Camping Trip

We had a great weekend, despite the cold and damp weather. Of course, I forgot my camera, so I will have to wait until someone emails me a picture of the group This was the 33rd consecutive year they have got together, but we have only been going with them for about 26 years. Seems like just yesterday that I gave the hubs-to-be a look of "you've got to be kidding", when he mentioned a weekend in canoes and tents.

Now I am an old hand at camping, so even the rain and cold did not get to me too much. We still had a great time with the group, although I did pass on tubing down the river in 65 degrees and a thunder storm.

When we first hit the road, I realized I had left my camera behind, and the hubs had forgotten his favorite flannel shirt. We decided not to go back for them, though. He said we would just have to "take mental pictures and keep each other warm". (I really don't think he gets how romantic he can be at times!)

No comments:

Post a Comment