Monday, December 21, 2009

God Rest Ye Merry Diet

I won't delude myself into thinking I can stick to my diet for the next two weeks, but I sure hope I can maintain some level of control. There are packages of goodies at work from every vendor imaginable. The in-laws sent us a box of baklava last week (that we managed to finish off already). Over the weekend, the hubs and I went to a vintage candy store. The idea was to find some Brach's neopolitan coconut squares (for Sara at work). While we were there we couldn't help but notice the Jelly Nougats (my favorite), the Squirells (his favorite), and the Nonparells (Mom's favorite - so of course I had to get some). We were literally like two "kids in a candy store"! Then there are the tamales (we brought home a dozen yesterday, and there will be more at the posada on Wednesday).

For as many years as I have been watching my weight, I haven't quite figured out how to make it from Thanksgiving to Christmas without indulging now and again. So far I haven't gained anything, but then it is only December 21...I had better get on the treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment