Monday, August 8, 2011

They Finally Started

OK...here we go...
I have been waiting for our contractor to start the front patio project ever since the snow melted in March. I had noticed the heave in the broken concrete walk and decided the time was right for the brick paver patio and walkway I have been dreaming about since we bought the house.

Today they broke up all the existing concrete and hauled it out to the street. They are regrading the front and then will fill it all in with brick pavers. I am really looking forward to the finished product. Then I will spend the rest of the season dividing hostas, and reworking the rest of the landscape. I am shopping for the perfect bistro table and chairs for the new patio, but I haven't found them yet. I had moved my herb garden into containers earlier. I plan to set them out in that area also. In the winter I can move them into the garage, and I should be able to harvest fresh herbs through the winter.


1 comment:

  1. I have a tremendous amount of plain green hostas if you want to work out some sort of a hosta trade...

    ReplyDelete