Saturday, July 11, 2009

Golf

I play golf once a week in a chapter of the Executive Women's Golf Association (EWGA). This is a national organization dedicated to teaching women to play golf for fun, competition, and business and social networking. Today was our chapter championship. We played at the Majestic golf club in Hartland. The weather forecast wasn't good, and when I arrived at the course at 7:30AM it was pouring rain, with lots of lightening. We were delayed about 2 hours. It wasn't a good start.

When we finally teed off, some patches of blue sky were trying to peak out. It ended up being a glorious day. And, though I didn't play well enough to advance to the regional championship, I did take third place in my flight.



I also won a prize for being closest to the pin on hole #16. The best part about it was that I beat out the best girl in the chapter to win it!



After a very long day, it was nice to bring home some mementos.

No comments:

Post a Comment