Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Moon

I generally don't consider myself a superstitious person. There's something about a full moon, though, that really makes people weird. I was first advised of this phenomenon by my girlfirend's parents, who owned a bar. They insisted a direct correlation could be made between bizarre behavior by their customers, and a full moon. (I don't know how they figured this out, considering the bizarre behavior I have seen in bars as a general rule, but they knew the difference for sure.)

Today it was a brutal day at work. Patients seemed impatient (no pun intended). Insurance companies weren't responding. Physicians were short-tempered. Staff and management were both having their issues. And, in the middle of it all, I got a call from the Hubs telling me our insurance would no longer deal with our local Kroger pharmacy. By day's end, I had not yet finished the one thing I had set out to do at 7AM. I did have several new things on my list, though.

I got home later and tireder than normal. When I checked the calendar...a full moon!

OK, it was yesterday...but, close enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment