Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Second New Years

This time of year always inspires me to make resolutions. Maybe being raised in the household of a schoolteacher had some influence. The start of a new school year (even though I am long out of school) feels like a time of new beginning. Or, maybe it's because my birthday comes around at this time. Whatever the reason, it seems like Labor Day Weekend is often spent thinking about how I will get my life (diet, finances, fitness, household, what-have-you) back on track.

So today, after putting up several pints of peach jam, I cleaned out the refrigerator, then the rest of the kitchen. The hubs is a great cook, but when it comes to some of the more mundane jobs (like wiping down the cabinets and counters, or scrubbing the floor) not so much. Since the kitchen is predominantly white, I went through about 1/2 a bottle of Clorox Cleanup. Then I finished folding the laundry and went outside to pull weeds in the yard for about an hour.

I'm exhausted....but it was a great start on a long list of things to do.

1 comment: