Sunday, November 15, 2009

Homemade Bread

This morning over breakfast, I was reading the Free Press. That is the way I spend most Sunday mornings. This morning there was a recipe for a pumpkin braid, which sounded pretty good. It is a yeast bread made with apple cider and pumpkin pie spice. Thought I would try it today, although I haven't baked my own bread in many years (I just never could get the hang of it well enough to do it regularly). Anyway, since I also go grocery shopping on Sunday mornings after breakfast, the time was right to pick up all the necessary ingredients.

It went together very easily, actually. I even kneaded it by hand, rather than use the dough hook on my mixer. I guess I was in the mood to get down to the most basic level (save the wood-burning stove, or course). And, it turned out beautifully. The hubs and I enjoyed it, still warm, with our dinner tonight. Now I just need to get him to take the leftovers to the OPC tomorrow so I'm not tempted to eat them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment