Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vacation

One thing for sure, the last week at work was so busy, I could barely think straight, say nothing of blog. But we are on vacation now, and after two days away from the office, I am starting to feel my head clear. We stopped in Matthews NC on the way down here to Myrtle Beach, and had dinner with my cousin Leo and his wife and MIL. It was wonderful seeing them all. If we see each other once or twice every five years, it is a lot. So we spent most of the meal just catching up. I told him about Aunt Mary's passing, he told me his daughter is graduating from Law School....yada, yada. Great fun.

Here at the Myrtle, things are very wet so far. In all the years the group has been coming down here (over 25 so far), they have only been rained out once. Today makes the second time. Got to the course this morning amidst rain and lightening. They decided they would let us go out after a couple hours, but the forecast wasn't a heck of a lot better, and included hail among other things. So we decided to take a rain check. Now I am sitting in our hotel room, with nothing on the agenda for the rest of the day. There is so much wind outside, we can't even go from room to room without getting soaked. Think I will read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment