Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Great Tent Saga

It all started last fall, when we decided our tent had served us very well over the past 20 or so years, and it was time to let it go. We figured if we got rid of it, it would force us to buy a new one. I had underestimated the Hubs love of surfing the internet. Before I knew it, he had bought a new tent, without even consulting me.
That's OK, I thought, because he had a pretty good idea what I was looking for. It didn't have the screened-in room in the front that I wanted, but it was a really good brand, and he had gotten a really good deal. So I didn't say anything. Then we went to Costco last weekend....
There it was, across the store, on display, hanging from the ceiling. The most beautiful Coleman tent I had seen in a long while.
The price was incredible, considering this is a 10 X 16 "condo", complete with screened-in front porch. I just had to have it! So, like any good wife, I nagged him until we left the store, and then all the way home. I think what finally did him in was when I told him we could have both. I mean, let's face it, we have no need for two tents. We rarely use even the one, which is why we had the last one for over 20 years!
I was overjoyed when he researched the possibility of returning the one he had bought. And, by Tuesday, he had accomplished that, and had gone back to Costco to get the one we saw.
What a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment