Monday, June 7, 2010

A Blast From The Past

I haven't blogged for so long. I partly blame it on how busy I have been since I returned from vacation. But, let's face it, it is also because I have let my life become one giant yawn, from the time I leave for work at 6AM until I crawl into bed at 9PM and get ready to do it all over. So, the Memorial Day holiday was a refreshing change for me. We started by playing 18 holes of golf at some podunk course in South Lyon. Then we headed to our friends house on Silver Lake to relax for the rest of the day (this was Sunday, mind you, while the weather was still nice).

The real surprise of the weekend came between the golf course and Silver Lake. We were driving through downtown South Lyon, and decided we were hungry. So we stopped at the Lake Street Tavern for a burger. We had never been there before. The Hubs saw mushroom soup on the menu, and mentioned to the waitress that it sounded good. She said, "Oh, you would love it! Do you remember the Golden Mushroom? Same chef, same recipe!"

She didn't know the half of it. Both the Hubs and I used to LOVE the mushroom soup at Golden Mushroom, and were so disappointed when they closed their doors. I had just chalked it up as one of those "end of an era" events, convinced I would never taste such good mushroom soup again. Needless to say, we ordered a bowl with our hamburger. It was everything we remembered. I think I got a little whiplash from being slammed back 25 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment