Friday, September 17, 2010

Old Standard

There is nothing quite like a tried and true recipe. When I am called upon to bring a desert to a party, I find my mother's recipe for pineapple upside-down cake (called Pineapple Skillet Sponge in her old, blue cookbook) is always a big hit. So I made one this evening to take to the party the Hubs and I will be attending tomorrow. I am surprised how much I enjoyed it, even though I had a really hard day at work. The whole time I was putting it together, I remembered the countless times I would make desert in Mom's kitchen. It was always such fun. (Even the time I put 13 cups of shortening in the cake - a long story, but one that has survived those many years since I was in second grade). And, Mom's old classic recipe has come through again. They don't come out much prettier than this, if I do say so myself!

1 comment: