Sunday, September 19, 2010

Construction

I'm really getting tired of the construction barrels. You'd think I've lived in Michigan long enough to have seen everything, but yesterday was a new one for me. I left for work at about 6AM (still dark) and took my usual route down Lapeer to the I75 entrance just below the Palace. Cruising along, listening to my book on CD, I didn't see anything that would indicate new construction. But, when I got on the entrance (I am now committed to get on the freeway, mind you), I discovered the southbound entrance was closed. Not a sign of this previously. So, I had no choice but to head north, go all the way up to Baldwin, then head south. For the rest of the trip, I berated myself for not seeing the sign that told me of the ramp closure.

Then Sara came in, sputtering. She comes the same way I do, and also was caught getting on the ramp, then seeing the southbound entrance closed. Unlike me, though, she decided to make her own rules (I guess you can do that when you're her age). She turned her car around, and drove back down the entrance ramp the wong way. All this in the rain. I'm glad there is no traffic at that hour on a Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment