Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Brave Sister

I have been thinking a lot of my sister lately. After battling cancer for over 9 months, she has just received a stem cell transplant, in the hopes of extending her remission. The whole thing is pretty daunting from where I sit, so I can only imagine how it is for her. I do know that, while she has been taking everything pretty well in stride, this last step of the journey has really been a lot for her to handle. A badly timed cold has prevented me from going to see her, in her immune-compromised state, but I did talk to her by phone yesterday. She was very groggy, and said she had not slept well since she got to the hospital (new bed and all, she said). I know she will improve as time goes on, and she strengthens from the procedure. But, I can't help thinking every day how brave she must be to face all this.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I've had the sniffles and can't go see her either.

    ReplyDelete