Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Being Offline

As I mentioned, we have been doing some painting. The real challenge has been the home office. This is a room with a large corner unit, with a computer desk, bookcases, etc. It is a real monster to move, so we have been putting off painting this room as long as we can.
Moving the furniture was bad enough, but that also means we had to unhook the computer. I didn't think too much of it, figuring I still had my laptop to fall back on. Surprise, we had to unhook the wireless router too. So, while I was able to play much solitaire, the internet was out.
And, since we have our computer and phones through our cable service, unhooking the computer also knocked out our phones. Other than our cell phones, we were completely "unplugged" from society!
Last night we were finally able to put the furniture back in place. That took a few hours of sorting through a mass of wires, figuring out what connected to what. Then we pushed the heavy units back to the wall. I told the hubs that we could wait to move the rest of the furniture until today. Of course, today we realized the phones still don't work. Ah well....

1 comment:

  1. I'm dreading painting our office too! I have all the paint bought (40% off yay sale!), but I'm putting it off until I have a break and can paint and be done with it.

    ReplyDelete