Saturday, November 13, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

I have been in a blue funk for a while now. No clue why, but after several hundred games of Free Cell it became obvious I needed to do something. So today I decided to spend the rest of November adopting what Maya Angelou calls an "attitude of gratitude". I figure this Thanksgiving month is a good time to straighten my head out.
I started my day with a dentist appointment. Hmmm....well, my COBRA is still in effect. That hour of oral punishment only cost me $10.80 out-of-pocket. And, let's not forget the nitrous oxide (yes, I do take it even for cleanings - I'm that much of a weenie).
After the dentist, I worked in the yard, and cleaned up all the dying foliage. The hubs started on the Christmas lights, and we both enjoyed the mild weather. Tonight it's an evening with our neighbors, over several rousing games of Euchre. That includes the new couple who just bought the foreclosed house on our street. My thanks to them, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment