Monday, October 10, 2011

Great Golf

The weather was so great this past weekend, I had to leave the Hubs at home to recouperate, while I went out to play golf.  On Saturday we played in a benefit fund-raiser for the assistant pro at my home course.  He has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the medical bills are piling up real fast.  He spent his winters skiing, so his ski club and the golf club got together and had an outing.  Now, a full course holds 144 players, but we couldn't say no to anyone, so we crammed in over 200 players.  The round took nearly 7 hours, followed by dinner, prizes, and a silent auction.  I registered at 8:30AM and didn't get back home until after 9PM!  It was so much fun, and the weather was so great, I decided to join a couple of the girls on Sunday and play another 18.  I was exhausted when I went back to work this morning.  (It was worth it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment