Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Week As A Marshall

I just finished my final shift at the golf tournament, and I am now sitting in my cool house, watching the leaders finish on TV.  The U.S. Senior Open Championship is the first outing I have ever worked as a Marshall, and I really had a blast.  I would do it again in a minute, despite the heat, dust, and a few rather nasty spectators.  I chalked it all up to being part of the job.  For the most part, I found the spectators to be very understanding of the job we had to do, and the players were very appreciative of our efforts...and said so.  It was a real thrill to stand on the tee box with Fuzzy Zoeller, Larry Mize, Corey Pavin, Tom Lehman, and so many others I have admired for years.  I happened to be working the #12 hole, the hardest hole on the course.  And, they made it look so easy!  I am told I can play the course any Tuesday for the rest of this season, and I really want to give it a try.  I'm sure my game will not look nearly as pretty, but it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment