Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A "Relaxing" Day Off

As a "thank you" for volunteering at the US Senior Open event, Indianwood Country Club allowed me to play a round of golf on the old course for a reduced fee.  They also let me bring a guest, so yesterday I took the day off work, grabbed the Hubs, and set out for a nice relaxing game of golf.
I had no idea what I was in for!  The course is hard to begin with, with a slope rating of 131 from the forward tees.  But, it was still in "tournament shape" with the roughs being extra-long, and the greens being extra-fast.  On the first green, we each putted once, and then just stared at each other.  It was like putting on linoleum!  We managed to get through the round with our dignity somewhat intact.  I didn't break 100, but I was still able to hold my head up.  I did make 3 pars after all...
Anyway, we went to the Sagebrush Cantina afterward, and drowned our sorrows in a couple margueritas.  You know what they say...a bad day on the golf course still beats the best day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment