Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Brooksie Way

Our neighbor and golfing buddy, Warren, decided to run in the Brooksie Way this year. This half-marathon is run in memory of L. Brooks Patterson's son, who was known to his friends and family as "Brooksie". It begins and ends at Oakland University, but at one point it passes pretty close to our house (well, about 2 miles away).
So this morning I met up with his wife, and we walked down to where he would be making his final turn toward the finish. At this point he had run about 10 miles, but he still looked like he was going strong, and gave us a big "thumbs up" as he passed us. I couldn't resist getting a picture that I could email to him later.
Running isn't my thing, but I understand there is also a group that walks the 10K course. Maybe that would be a good goal for me to work toward. I could sure use something to get me back into shape. Frankly, the 4 mile walk there and back was about all I could take for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment