Monday, October 5, 2009

Planning for Vacation

The hubs and I have decided to stop talking about visiting Washington "someday", and do it now. We have been planning, each in our own way. He has gathered more literature about the DC area (and, when I say area, I mean anything within a day's drive!) than I will probably read in my lifetime. I have scoped out the most expensive hotels in the heart of town, and dreamed of being waited on hand and foot. I'm sure we will meet somewhere in the middle eventually. After 25+ years of planning vacations with him, I know we will end up with something we will both enjoy.

While I'm at it, I have been reading up on various events in American history to get me in the mood. We haven't been able to score tickets to the White House yet, but I did get an invite to see the Senate in session at the Capital. Might just do that....

1 comment:

  1. You could spend a week just visiting the Smithsonian. The Spy Museum is fun too. We always catchan air museum the annex to the Smithsonian is neat.

    ReplyDelete