Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taxes

I spent this morning doing my income taxes. This is a time when my ultra-detailed approach to life really pays off. Not many people get a kick out of reading the tax guides like I do. There is something about getting everything sorted out and all the numbers in the right columns. Of course, it always helps when there is a good-sized refund on the way. (Yes, I know it's my own money, but I don't seem to hang on to it as well when it's readily available to me.)
My one big objection to filing taxes is the federal government's refusal to provide me a free e-file solution. They seem to feel this is something that should only be provided to low income filers, and the rest of us should pay a tax preparer or purchase some tax software. They don't seem to allow for the middle income geek like me who is too cheap to do anything but send in the paper forms with a 44 cent stamp. Yes, I can wait a few more days for that return. It's worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment