Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Day Off

This snowstorm was very strange for a number of reasons. First of all, I woke up last night to a thunder storm. In February?? Yeah, that was a first for me. The weatherman was calling it "thundersnow" this morning. Until I heard him say that, I was wondering if I had imagined the whole thing.
Then I didn't have to go to work today. This was the first "snowday" I have had in many years. I have always been the one who had to show up because I had subordinate staff depending on me to be at the office. Today, though, my boss thought it would be a wiser choice to just close the practice for the day. That is no small decision, since we see about 500 patients per day, but I appreciate his concern about people trying to travel in this weather.
So, I spent the day doing what I would normally do with "found time". I knitted, cleaned the house a bit, baked some blueberry muffins, and generally enjoyed myself. Tomorrow it's back to the office, but I sure am more relaxed than I would have been driving in this blizzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment