Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

It was such a great New Year's Eve. I was in bed by 9:30PM! I'm not one for New Year's Eve parties (never have been), and once you've seen the ball drop once, it's not so exciting anymore (although I sure would like to see it live, just once - I don't know why, just cuz it's there, I guess).

I was up at 6:30 this morning. No hangover, and raring to go. The Hubs and I enjoyed our mexican breakfast, knowing it will be the last of our unhealthy indulgences for a while.

The tree has been taken down, and the ornaments carefully packed away. That's a tradition in my house, born of nothing more than the necessity to get it done while I have time off from work. Unlike many, I actually enjoy taking down the Christmas decorations. It appeals to my sense of order, I think. It reminds me of my sister Mary Fran, who always liked weeding the rows of carrots in the garden, because they looked so pretty when she was finished.

So now I can put my feet up and relax for awhile. The Hubs made a marvelous bean soup with the ham bone left over from the family party. It will be a great snack while I watch TV. Hopefully I can find some golf amidst all the bowl games.

No comments:

Post a Comment