Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Vacation Planning

It wouldn't be an understatement to say the year has started with a vengeance. The 10-12 hour days are beginning to become the norm again. I am glad to be looking at a vacation in a few weeks. The Hubs and I have been discussing our respective plans. Boy do we have different approaches! I tend to daydream (pretty extensively actually), then eventually come back to reality, once I start to apply the time and dollar parameters. It drives him nuts - such a waste of time and energy in his book. He, on the other hand, thinks of all the things we can't do, and mentally checks them off the list. Are you kidding? Who wants to plan a vacation by thinking of all the things they can't afford to do?

After several discussions (alright, some would call them arguments, but that's because they don't really appreciate our creative process) we agreed on a few things: We want to travel by car. It would be nice to play some golf, if the weather cooperates. And, we want to get warm! That puts us somewhere in the south. Florida? New Orleans? Savannah? Atlanta?

I'll bet we can find several more things to argue about before we finalize these plans.

1 comment:

  1. I like Savannah a lot. I can also tell you that I know there is a ton of golf on Hilton Head Island. Other than golf though, there isn't much else to do.

    ReplyDelete