Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bummer!

Well, the Wings ultimately lost the championship. I don't quite understand what happened. I mean, the guys had their pre-game cigars and everything!

One thing I love about living in the Detroit area is the way we band together around a cause. A charity fund-raiser, the Dream Cruise, the Free Press Marathon, the Brooksie, whatever...

If there is a team within reach of a championship, we drape the jersey over the Spirit of Detroit, and cheer them on. If they don't make it, we console each other.

We laugh along with those who make fun of the Lions and Tigers.
We remember the great days of the Pistons, and know they will regroup.
We say the Red Wings will always be champs to us, and Stanley will come home again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    We watched the game yesterday out here on the west coast. It's tough having to rush home from work to turn the game on by 5. I think the Wings were a little banged up, but they almost pulled it out. It was a great game, a great series, and a great season. Maybe the Wings and Penguins will meet again next Spring.

    That's a great picture from your honeymoon. Congratulations on your anniversary - I can't believe its 20 years already. Rejina and I are celebrating our 10th in July. Say hi to Nick for me. Take care.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch the game. Brian stayed up and watched it, but I had to go to bed early to be up for my big Praxis exam this morning. It is nice how Detroiters all pull together to root for a team.

    ReplyDelete