Monday, June 8, 2009

Our new roles

What a great dinner I had tonight. Roast chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. Best of all, it was on the table when I got home. I must say, that's one of the great things about my new job.

Having been laid off for the last six months, I had been handling all the domestic duties. But, now that I am back at the office, the Hubs gets to be the "wife" again. He's a great cook, and takes all the stress of managing the meals off my hands. The hardest part is for me to give up control!

The job is going well, but the long commute makes for a very long day. I leave for work at 6AM, and return home (if I'm lucky) just in time for a 6PM dinner. Considering I have to spend 8 hours sleeping, that doesn't leave much free time.

But, I'm eating well!

2 comments:

  1. We were surprized to find deer in our neighborhood and not just on the edges. Because our yard is fenced I don't think they will bother us too much. We have plenty of rabbits, squirrels and woodchucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You have a job again! (I was just asking Suzanne about you this past weekend!)

    ReplyDelete