Sunday, June 7, 2009

Let me give this a try

I remember as a child we used to get snail mail from relatives. The letters would either be read out loud around the dinner table, or left opened in "the cat" so anyone could read them in passing. The "cat" was a ceramic siamese cat with a spring inserted in the back, into which papers could be sorted. Mom would put our incoming mail there. The standard answer to "hey mom, was there any mail for me?" would be "I don't know, look in the cat".

Now we have progressed many years forward. (More than I would like to count, actually) But some traditions never die. Now letters are on line, in the form of blogs. And the family around the dinner table is quite large, and spread across the country.

I decided to try blogging, so any of my friends or family could "look in the cat", when they wonder what is going on in my life. Let's see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great. I look forward to your entries. I also remember "the Cat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are blogging too!

    ReplyDelete